Monday, April 7, 2008

Somedays... things just don't work out

Friday past was one such day. Had to come to Mumbai, so went to office early, by the 9AM bus. It's only later I realised that I did not have access to many applications, which means no spreadsheets, no 'Help', no mails and no manuals! Of course, the first 2.5 hours of the day would go waste.
So i accompanied some collegues for breakfast. During and animated conversation about a movie called (strangely enough) 'Mr. Azad', I was my usual playacting self, and in one animated motion, managed to spill a jug fulll of water onto the other side, in the process drenching Pritika and Snehal. I don't know if my most imploring and serious apologies (look, really, I was sorry) did any good. Both were really sweet and put me at ease, but boy! was that an embarassing situation. I'm sure I've been barred fromm the canteen then on.
The rest of the day went as usual. Some ups, more downs. Bad systems, worse food. Towards the end of the day, I managed to laeve a little early, and headed to catch the bus home. Luckily for me, the window closed as soon as I reached the counter, because the 'Mahabus' was full. It lucky, cause the 'Mahabus' takes and absolutely convoluted route. Next up was the 'Shivneri', faster nad more comfortable. And as luck would have it, I got the first and the best seat!! And as some more luck would have it, it still took me a good round 4 hours to reach Mumbai, well over the usual 3-3.5 hours.
SO you see, some days, it just doesn't go your way. Just doesn't.

No comments: