Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A most tumultous time...

This past 2 weeks, have been one of the most tumultous times I've been through...

1) I've had my life ripped apart, rent and torn to shreds. I've tried picking up the pieces, but it's tough.
2) Professional life is hard strung, what with delayed results and close-to-impossible assignments at work.
3) One of my best friends broke-up, and for that, I've kept my problems on the back-burner to try and be there for my friend.
4) And my nephew was born yesterday!!! Trust me, it really is one of the most beautiful sights I've seen till now. No kidding, you don't need a photo, you don't need a picture postcard, that image of that little kid in the cradle, all wrapped up, eyes scrunged tight shut, two soft feet wrapped in socks, and those tiny hands with the tiny soft fingers... the joyous father, the grandparents, the aunt... and most of all the mother... that tired, yet absolutely contented look on her face... I'll never forget those images for the rest of my life...

2 comments:

Avanti Sané said...

There now...you made me cry :)

Inquisitive Idiot said...

Totally agree with u on points number (3) & (4).. u'd just have to experience point number 4 to understand the feel of it. And bout 3 i can only say i've been in that pos. too.. it really makes u feel good bout urself.. doesnt it.. ???