Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How embarassing is this???!!!

Happened to notice this rather embarassing incident (fortunately, I wasn't the subject).

I was waiting at a road divider to cross. The trafffic on the road in front of me was yet to stop, while the ones behind me had already halted. There was this cute girl riding pillion with most probably a boyfriend. Now we all know that most Indian signal/street junctions have urchins selling anything from cleaning mops to Harry Potter novels. So here there were these two girls selling roses.

Often, they are ready to pounce onn lovey-dovey couples and almost compel them to buy roses. And we try to shoo them off. Now, I observed, this girl saw the urchins and was longingly looking at the roses. As the urchin girl advanced in their direction, I could see a smile come across her face, hoping she would be asked, and maybe she would buy them too.

But to my utter surprize (and her utter discomfiture), the rose seller simply overlooked her, walked passed, and got busy with something else!! Now how embarassing is that!!!

1 comment:

matter of belonging said...

hmm......... thats really embarassing !!!!!