Sunday, July 29, 2007

Return of the Friend

AT LAST I met my ILP friends.

Whats so special? Well, the fact that they all stay 300 km away (one of them stays in a differant country!), and that I rarely get to meet them. For the first time, I had planned, intricately planned their 1.5 day stay in Pune. Saturday night we would take to the city, dance the night off. Come back to my place, and chat away till the wee hours. Naturally, we have loads to catch up on... Sunday we could have the traditional 'sight-seeing' session. All this intersparsed with lunches and dinners and gobbleableas at Pune's choiciest eateries. (Sounds rather like a gen-x uptopia eh?)

Well, atleast this is all that was ringing in my head for the last 2 days. But as luck would have it (And it usually has it this way), the plan didn't work out. No one to blame for it. It just didn't work out.

So, I met S & Y for just about 5 hours today. And that is not much. We all went out for lunch, about 8 of us. Then on to Pravati, the famous peshwa palace in Pune. I had last been there about a decade back, so it was as good as new to me. Yet, we had a great time. The place is beautiful, and the weather luckily was on our side today. All in all, had a good time.

But now that they have left, I have this indescribably hollow feeling inside of me. I am suddenly missing them soooo much! Probably, in this whole rat-race (it's not a mouse race, mice are smart), I have left behind things that mean a lot to me, people that are worth more than a 5 figure salary, memories that mean much more than the humdrum of daily life. I guess these inadequacies of life are brought to the forefront by such incidences, and this realisation brings with it utter dissapointment that makes me want to tear this void apart, vent all that anger out in one massive blast. It also brings along a hope, a positive energy, that pushes me to pick up the peices, try and rebuild, kindle a new light. It makes me TRY... I'm trying... always will...

No comments: