Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Soft Option

Soft Option

Definition: noun, used to describe the simplest and easiest among choices. To take the beaten and treaded easy road.

Usage:

1. "I took the soft option when I decided to join junior college in the science stream." - another kid I knew, when he finished schooling sometime back.

2. "It's better to concentrate on 1 things, than mess up both. So I guess I'll concentrate on my HSC and not spend time attempting the IIT-JEE exam" - a boy I know who just passed 11th std.

3. "Man, breaking up was the Soft Option! You gotta fight back" - advice I gave a friend when he broke up cause his parents wouldn't approve.

4. The whole world wants to do engineering, MBA, without even knowing what they really are and what the people really want to do. They do it just because it's the well treaded path, the Soft Option" - a collegue at work.

5. "Not knowing what I want to do, is the easiest justification for taking the Soft Option." - Me, now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.