Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Strange case of the Missing Florists

This is strange. Rather strange.
I have lived where I live for more than 18 months now. And I have realised that there are NO florists, or atleast flower shops of some repute or credit in the entire of Karve Nagar, Pune!!!

I mean, it is a such a dilemma when I need to go to visit someone on a special occasion, and I can't even carry flowers. Sheesh!

But, think of this. It tells you something about the people here. If there are no florists in KarveNagar, it clearly means there is little or no demand for special bouquets and flowers to be gifted to others. Knowing that Karve Nagar is inhabited by a large number of decently well off people, it reflects rather poorly on their attitude. I mean, it shows that people here don't gift flowers to others, probably hardly visit others on occasions, and even if they do, they don't have the courtesy, love or common sense to carry an innocous bouquet of flowers!!! BAD...

4 comments:

Shruti said...

Dude!
Wat are you saying??!!I used to live in Karvenagar and I can remember more than one florist on the Karve Road!!There's one just outside Occasions!!or at least used to be when I lived there:)

Shruti said...

But what is rather interesting is that you should realize this today (14th Feb) of all of the 18 months you've live there!!! :P
ahem!Now there's a mystery worth contemplating about! Ha Ha!

Guy Next Door said...

Hey, hey hey... my roommate was looking for a florist... for someone third chaps girlfriend... it's a pity for us singles on this day...

Anonymous said...

well, thats being remarkably blase about voicing your opinions considering the fact that you may well be initiating some harsh sentiments in the residents of the dead city!!