Monday, February 11, 2008

Another day at work

Completed the execution of my project at work... It is now into production!!! Yippeeeee!!!!

It's been a long 9 months we've been slogging our butts (and minds) off on this project, and finally last Saturday it went into implementation. And I hope it was a zero defect successful launch.

Actually, I should be feeling exactly what a woman feels after she delivers her child... 9 months of gestation and then the moment of sheer joy when the delivery is complete. The same apprehension and vague fear is in our minds too, on D-Day.

But oddly, I don't feel it. Probably, I am not as closely attached to this project as a mother would be to her baby. I mean, heck, the kid has an umbilical cord yaar. The only way this project was attached to me was by a contract in soft copy form that my company signed with another company. I just don't feel that attachment or soft corner for it.

So, the entire workout of spending 13 straight hours in office in front of the green-red-black Mainframes screen, trying to catch a wink on the 2 bean bags in the cafeteria, eventually heading to the resting room only to find it filled with a musty odour and an occupant who snored like the roar or 2 Pratt-Whitney engines, felt like just another day at work. Nothing special gained, nothing special done... nothing at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha....I know what you mean. Probably only I know.