Friday, June 15, 2007

Tell me... is this love?

Usually, I have a lot to say about everything under the sun. But 'LOVE' is one subject I really can't talk much about. For the simple fact that I have realised I don't know, or rather don;t understand it yet...

The most cliched 'definition' is probably 'friendship'. You know, the filmy, mushy, 'kuch kuch hota hai' type, "Pyaar, dosti hai!". I think thats B$%#S&*T.

I heard an alternate explanation for this... Love is... "Friendship, on fire!". That explains all the lust and passion people feel when in love. But that still doesn't explain it all to me. What happens when all that lust/passion/frenzy is over, and all people have is just each other, plain and simple? Say, like when you are 65 or so... Frankly, I don't know the answer...

I heard another explanation... albeit picked from a film, it's not exactly filmy... trust me...
This is an excerpt from the Bollywood flick "Bluffmaster". (Caution: the first part of this dialogue is blatantly ripped from Ocean's 11). Nevertheless, it goes like this. Abhiskek Bacchan's character Roy, is meeting Priyanka Chopra's character Simmy at a store. Simmy has dumped Roy because he is a conman. Now Simmy is with another guy, and Roy, witty as usual, is trying to convince her to get back with him because he has changed.

Simmy: "Ab main (the guy's name) ke saath hoon"
(I'm with (the guy's name) now)
Roy: "Kya woh tumhe hasata hai?"
(Does he make you laugh?)
Simmy: "Woh mujhe rulata nahi hai"
(At least he doesn't make me cry)
This part was picked right from Ocean's 11. That put me off... But the next line, was a killer...

Roy: "Woh tumhe hasa nahi sakta, AUR tumhe rula nahi sakta, matlab tumhe usse pyaar nahi hua"!!!
(He can't make you laugh, AND, he can't make you cry, that means you don't love him yet)
HMMM..........

2 comments:

Amortya Ray said...

Hmmm indeed. Very open-ended indeed. Kept me thinking for a long time.

Avanti Sané said...

ah...the eternal question plagues you too...well love is friendhip on fire,laughing tgether ,crying tgether and much more...you have to be in love to know how immense it is..and the funnist part is that when you do you will too fumble to define it...and everytime you do...your love will move to a newer level and will require another definition...but the pertinent question here is does it really need defining?