Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Painful Irony

Growing up is largely inevitable. Physical growth is more or less given, but may not be the same mentally.

In my family and some friends, I am considered as the 'kid' in the family. The immature kid, who needs advice, protection, blessings, knowledge and scolding too. There people don't really TAKE my advice, rather I get loads of it. I am not really consulted, rather am told.

On the other hand, some people find me amazingly level headed. They actually ask my advice or discuss extremely sensitive matters with me. And at times I do offer some conclusion and advice too! Someone has actually said this, on more or less the exact words, that I have a clearer thought process than most.

So, this painful irony makes me wonder, which is the real me? Is it the bungling 'guy next door' who always forgets to call relatives on time, leaves his keys behind, wakes up late at times. Or is it the other 'guy next door', who is emotionally sensitive, yet strong as a rock, one who cares for his dear ones with utmost ferocity, one who would kill someone who even atempts to wrong his friends, one who never had a goal, yet worked hard and even achieved all his short term goals?

Its hard to decide, I wouldn't have called it a 'painful' irony otherwise.

No comments: