Saturday, November 1, 2008

Back after another prolonged break

Back to writing after a rather long break.... again!

This habit is actually bad, really bad. Not sticking to something, getting back after a while, all apologetic, and swearing that I'll never do it again... and end up doing that again. Again and again!

Anyway, thats just another one of my flaws discovered. Whatever...

Events have been thick and fast since I last posted. The student alumni committee (of which I am a member) held it's annual alumni meet. It's called Footprints. Unbelievable amount of work went into that, and thankfully, all that hard work culminated in a successful event. Gosh, that weekend I was up for days. Personal record set: 45 mins of sleep in 65 hours!

Classes started in full swing, and this semester is hectic! Gosh, 10 courses and so many events this time. And I thought I was ready for anything!

Divali was spent at the insti... Couldn't get a break to go home :-(

My birthday was celebrated in style here. I was first dragged to the Melting Pot (thats the hang-out spot outside the mess). There, a bunch of 30 odd folks had gathered to give me my birthday wishes. This is how they did it:-
1) Shoved 2 packs of ice-cream down my pants
2) Then proceeded to give me birthday bumps
3) Doused me with Mirinda, and other smelly aerated drinks
4) Some more bumps
5) Then came the cake! Cut a nice pineapple (I think) cake.
6) And just when I thought it was over, someone shoved my head into the cake.
7) So I barely got to eat any of that cake, and then spent half an hour bathing that crap off my body!

So, quite memorable, I must say...

@EI, that job is called "Commercial Co-Pilot" :-)

2 comments:

Avanti Sané said...

LOL! Sounds like you had one hell of a birthday!

Anonymous said...

The kind of birthday celebrations you have there, one would rather not reveal the actual date.