Thursday, January 31, 2008

Being a watchman

I've got to flush this out of my head, once and for all. Otherwise I might not get any sleep.

Today, was a new low.

I was never so bored in life. I went to work today, stayed 8 hours, and did absolutely NOTHING. And this has been the trend for the past month or so. A few days of heightened activity, and then large swathes of absolute inactivity. And it is most irritating to spend 8 hours in office, just because there might be a chance of some work coming our way here . I now understand what a watchman feels like. And boy, it is one helluva boring job. This whole stupid routine is getting on my nerves. To add to that, I catch a cold due to the inexplicable cold in Pune (the fever too must make an appearance). Anyone heard of 'Climate Change' here?

This whole 1-2-3-4 type routine does not challenge me anymore. More importantly, does not stimulate me. Beat this, I was looking up movie titles and general WWII facts on Wikipedia, just to kill time. The prospect of having to fix my neighbours rather obvious code errors seemed sooo inviting then! If I have to think, I'm sure my team mate can hear the gears grinding due to all the rust!

Point being, this whole mental and physical stagnation is killing me. I realised today, that I am mortally bored. So, point two, what do I do about it? In my present situation, I am quite paranoid, morbid, and rather angry. So I will get some sleep, and think of this tomorrow.

Good Luck! Later...

3 comments:

karkaremtg said...

What a discovery!!! Made my day!! Your blog that is. Bitch. Sorry.

karkaremtg said...

Owner approval thevtos saalya? Bhet mag deto tula approval!

Shruti said...

Chill man!
Like a very good friend of mine always says - "Happens to the best of us!" ;)

I can totally understand how you feel....It was one of such strong feelings that made me find my way back to academics!!Trust me....do NOT listen to it!! :P

I think all of us at one point or the other feel bored....even mortally for that matter...and there's no cure except to sleep on it!Hope u feeling better now!